I was tagged by the lovely Erica from Blog with Erica to take part in the Blogmas tag. Have a read of Erica’s post here. I would highly recommend following Erica if you love reading posts on parenting, lifestyle and balancing work/mum life. I don’t know many bloggers to tag individually so I tag everyone who reads this. I would love to read your answers, leave me a link in the comments and I will come have a look. I have included the template at the bottom of the page.
- Do you have any family Christmas traditions? Our Christmas tends to be quite low key. We are going to my parents this year (we take it in turns) and it will just be us, my parents and my sister and her boyfriend. We always have stockings outside of our bedrooms which we tend to open in bed and then have presents downstairs under the tree. As our little family, we have started to do Rosie a December 1st box and my Auntie has bought Rosie a decoration for the tree every year. We have done the same and I love the idea that she will have a collection ready when she has her own home.
- Do you teach your children to believe in Santa? If you don’t have kids please share whether or not you were raised to believe in Santa. This is the first year that Rosie has been aware of Father Christmas. We haven’t mentioned that he brings presents or anything because as soon as she hears presents she gets excited. When we were little we only had presents from Father Christmas but I think we will follow what most do now and do stockings and a chosen present from FC and then the rest from us. Rosie’s big brother is 10 and the last time he came to ours he told me he knows that Father Christmas isn’t real and I was devastated.
- On Christmas do you have brunch or dinner? To be honest, we eat all day long! We start with chocolates whilst we open presents, usually with a glass of fizz or a liquer coffee. My dad will usually make a brunch of bacon sandwhiches and then we have our Christmas Dinner in the early afternoon. We aren’t strict on timings though and tend to go with the flow, we have had everything from lasagne to Chinese when I was younger but one of my favourites was when we had our Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve evening.
- Who do you spend Christmas with? (immediate or extended family) We take turns to spend it with either my parents or Dan’s parents. This year we will be at my parents with my sister and her boyfriend, there would still only be the 7 of us if there weren’t any restrictions. We do usually see my older sister and her family around Christmas but as she lives further away, I don’t think it will be possible this year unfortunatley.
- What’s your favorite Christmas song? I think it has to be Mariah Carey. Nothing gets me feeling festive like it!
- What is your favorite holiday drink? It depends where I am but nothing beats walking around a Christmas Market with a mulled wine (even more so with a glugg of amaretto in it too!) Other favourites are a cold glass of fizz or amaretto on the rocks. If we are talking about non alcoholic I would go for a white chocolate mocha with cream and marshmallows.
- Do you like giving or receiving gifts? Giving gifts 100%! Although I am terrible at waiting to give people their presents, I am far too impatient.
- What’s the best gift you ever received? When I first started doing more freelance makeup, Dan bought me a ring light which has been so helpful in the dreary winter weather. Second place has to go to my huge dressing gown my parents got for me Christmas 2017, I found out I was pregnant with Rosie a couple of days later and I have worn it constantly since. It is more luxurious than I would have bought myself so it was a lovely treat.
- What’s the worst gift you ever received? I must preface this by saying that I am a really hard person to buy for but not long after we began dating Dan bought me a necklace for Christmas which wasn’t something I would wear. He asked if I liked it and I couldn’t lie. I would have felt awful knowing he spent so much on something I didn’t wear. He still teases me about it 6 years later.
- If you could wish for one thing for Christmas, what would that wish be? It sounds really cheesy but all I really want is to see my family and for us to all be healthy in 2021. After a rubbish year and being apart far too much, I can’t wait for us to all be together.
- What makes Christmas special for you? Since having Rosie Christmas has completely changed. I love watching her be mesmerized by all of the lights and it is amazing seeing our families enjoy Christmas with her.
- When do you start decorating for Christmas? Ideally the 1st of December but last year we had to move in to temporary acocmodation whilst work was done on our house and this year we have only just had flooring put in the living room so it will be going up tommorow. Next year though it will probably be up in November!
1.Do you have any family Christmas traditions?
2. Do you teach your children to believe in Santa? If you don’t have kids please share whether or not you were raised to believe in Santa.
3. On Christmas do you have brunch or dinner?
4. Who do you spend Christmas with? (immediate or extended family)
5. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
6. What is your favorite holiday drink?
7. Do you like giving or receiving gifts?
8. What’s the best gift you ever received?
9. What’s the worst gift you ever received?
10. If you could wish for one thing for Christmas, what would that wish be?
11. What makes Christmas special for you?
12. When do you start decorating for Christmas?
First-Time Mama to Rosie – MUA / Retail Manager – Fuelled by Coffee and Concealer – Dairy Free – Weaning Toddler – Extended Breastfeeding.