I have been meaning to post this incredibly quick and easy recipe for a couple of weeks. It takes just three ingredients to make and always goes down very well. We had it this evening after our dinner as a little floor picnic – Rosie’s favourite thing to do at the moment. Honestly if she is being off with her food, a floor picnic always gets her eating.
What you will need.
- Chocolate – enough to cover the bottom of your dish. I used a casserole dish and used a bag of Milkybar buttons and a bag of Cadburys buttons. Appx 200g total.
- Marshmallows – I have found that traditional marshmallows work best (I used these ASDA ones.) rather than the huge American ones.
- Biscuits for dipping – I have seen people use digestives and rich tea biscuits but we used some chocolate chip cookies and shortbread fingers.
- Preheat the oven or even better, pop this in the oven whilst the oven is still hot from cooking dinner. I don’t have exact times and temperatures as I have just gone by eye when I have made it but I start of low (150*C ish).
- Cover the base of your dish with mashmallows, I did mine in alternating quarters of milk and white chocolate. I didn’t use a layer of greaseproof paper first but I will do next time as it is very sticky to wash up afterwards.
- Add your marshmallows on top.
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes – check periodically until the marshamallows have melted and started to merge.
- Raise the temperature to 200/220*C for five minutes to crisp up the top. You could use the grill or a blowtorch if you wanted a more professional finish – I am all about the easy life though!
- Remove from oven and serve! Be super careful as the dish does get hot. For Rosie I scopped a spoonful on a little plate for her to dip from which cooled it down quicker too.
As you can see it is the perfect mix of gooey and crispy on top. What would you use for scooping? I imagine that Lotus biscuits would be amazing! Let me know if you give this recipe a go!
First-Time Mama to Rosie – MUA / Retail Manager – Fuelled by Coffee and Concealer – Dairy Free – Weaning Toddler – Extended Breastfeeding.